Okay so even though this month’s MOTM is titled “My Happy Place”, it’s really about your happy place, about you finding and being in your own happy place.
A “happy place” can be literal or a state of mind. Here are just a few of my happy places/times.
- whenever I eat a piece of reeeaaalllly goooooood piece of dark chocalate (moonstruck, godiva, etc.)
- riding a great roller coaster…some of my favorites? Montu, Top Thrill Dragster, Kumba, Superman, Blue Streak, Mean Streak, and Millennium Force
- whenever I’m doing something artsy-craftsy
- walking with my husband and/or dogs in the park
- anywhere along the Oregon coast (esp: Yachats, Newport, and Cascade Head)
- eating at my favorite restaurants…some of my favorites? 11 Maple Street, Evergreen, Thai Chili, Sharks, Jensen Ale House, Block 15 …to name just a few
- an afternoon nap
- smelling a fragrant rose
- being inside on a raining Oregon day
My best and most important place is when I take a nice long deep breath and exhale. That always puts me in a happy place. My situation is that I often forget that my happy place is just a breath away. I’ve created a trigger for myself to help me remember…whenever I see a feather, it reminds me to breathe.
Where is your happy place? Ponder this as you color this month’s mandala of the month.
Maureen, The Mandala Lady
I would love to see your colorings…Upload them to Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/mandalas/