To begin, let’s take a look at the definition of the word “blessed” as provided by Merriam-Webster:
1:a : held in reverence
b : honored in worship : hallowed
c : beatific
2: of or enjoying happiness; specifically : enjoying the bliss of heaven
3: bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune
This month’s mandala reminds us to embrace this magical experience we call being human, on this mystical planet we call Earth…to see, feel and know it as a blessing. In going about our day-to-day routines, we tend to forget that we are blessed to be here…regardless of our circumstances.
Over the last few years the idea of “an attitude of gratitude” increasing spread throughout the land; a very worthy affirmation. To help boost this idea, our mandala, gives us a stronger foundation by encouraging us to see, feel, and know the blessings in all things (including & especially people), which in turn makes it easier for us to appreciate them.
And when we come from this place of being blessed, it also improves our experience around the people, events and things that we find more challenging for us to be grateful.
To help us with our quest, check out this list of some statements to use or build upon:
- I am blessed to be here
- I am blessed with family
- I am blessed with friends
- I am blessed to do housework
- I am blessed with a place to live
- I am blessed to do the things I love to do
- I am blessed to know many wonderful people
- I am blessed with a good sense of humor
- I am blessed to be able to breathe
- I am blessed to live where I live
- I am blessed with my life
- I am blessed on earth
- I am blessed
- I am blessed that you follow my blog
- I am blessed that you color my mandalas
- I am blessed to be able to provide the mandalas of the month
May every moment of every day be a blessed one and may we all enjoy the blessed bliss of heaven while here on earth
Ponder this as we color this month’s mandala.
The Mandala Lady
Be sure to check out Section 11 of the 2015 Mandala of the Year.