This month’s MotM encourages us to make our dreams a reality one step at a time. Along with being a mandala to color, this mandala can also be used as a creative playsheet.
How to use this as a playsheet
- Allow ourselves some time to contemplate our ideas, goals, dreams, aspirations, etc….be they big or small or somewhere in between. Also allow ourselves to push the envelope…dream big, letting go of any mental judgement as to whether it can actually happen or not.
- Write, draw, collage, and/or color a representation of up to 6 of our dreams in the 6 outer sections of this mandala….OR…take one idea and break it down into 6 components or objectives and apply them to the 6 slots.
- The three pillars represent our body, mind and spirit. Write, draw, collage, and/or color each of these pillars…knowing full well that we will achieve greater success when all three are working as one.
- Now that our body, mind and spirit are fully represented, it’s time to ponder the steps we can take to make our hopes and dreams a reality. Within each of the rectangular tiles write down one small action that can be taken to move us a step closer to our dream(s).
- Is there some physical action we can do?
- Is there a mental action we can do? (change in attitude, writing/saying affirmations, etc.)
- Is their a spiritual action we can do? (meditation, journaling, etc.)
- Now it’s time to put the steps into action. Each day pick one step and do it!
- After we complete a step, color in that tile on the mandala.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all steps are completed.
When we’ve completed all the steps, we can create another one for another idea or ideas; or go even further with the idea(s) we just completed.
The ultimate message of this mandala is…
What small step can I take today to make my dream a reality?
Ponder this as you color the October 2013 Mandala of the Month.
The Mandala lady
Be sure to download Section 10 of the 2013 Mandala of the Year.