Space and time are what make our existence on Earth possible to manage. Without it, everything would appear a cosmic jumble, beyond our human capabilities to handle.
This mandala reminds us that while it would appear that we each exist in our own little worlds, our own little “boxes”…in reality we are all the same and we are all connected.
And judging from this image it would seem that if we were to raise ourselves up above the edges of our “boxes”, we would see how we are all connected.
Some ways we can see beyond our “boxes”…
- instead of initially reacting to circumstances as we usually do, take an extra moment to look again and ask ourselves…”what’s really going on here”
- know that we are all “the Light of God”…regardless of evidence to the contrary
- find a way to see through the illusions of fear, shame, and doubt (our own and in others)…coloring mandalas works great for this
- from A Course in Miracles…ask Holy Spirit to let us see things differently
- another prayer option: “Lord, help me forgive those who sin differently than I”
- remember that we are all a reflection of each other…we can only see what we know…both negatively and, more importantly, positively. If we can know greatest in others, we can also know it within ourselves
- watch how children do it
Existing in this space & time universe definitely has its perks…it’s an ever unfolding story of drama, humor, tragedy, love, mystery, and more. Just remember to look up once in a while.
Ponder this as you color this month’s mandala of the month.
Maureen, The Mandala lady
Be sure to download Section 6 of the 2012 Mandala of the Year.