Mandala of the Month
“This above all: to thine own self be true.
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.“
– said by Polonius to his son Laertes from Shakespeare’s play Hamlet.
We begin with the self…in our current human incarnation. Our individuation began with the breath. Oxygen filled our lungs. Blood pumped through our hearts. Neuro-pathways fired up. All systems were go.
Now here we are, years later contemplating our lives on this first day of the first month of the 22nd year of the 21st century. Seems as good a place as any to start. I present this mandala as a way to help deepen our connection to our inner (authentic) self. To ponder its situation, to see what gives, to find questions, to find answers, ….or not. Color this mandala as the spirit moves you.
And if it helps, I offer some questions to ponder while coloring (or you can come up with your own):
- Who am I?
- How do I see myself?
- How do I think others see me?
- What about me makes me feel:
- good about myself
- less-than-good about myself
- How do I currently present myself:
- to the world
- to my friends
- to my family
- to my colleagues/peers
- to strangers
- How do I want to present myself or be known as or for:
- by the world
- by my friends
- by my family
- by my colleagues/peers
- by strangers
- Am I doing that which brings me joy?
- Am I open to changing the things I can about myself?
- Am I open to being happy to just be who I am without changing a thing?
- On December 31, 2022, what do I hope to have experienced? created? manifested?
Throughout the year, may we all be showered with many blessings.
The Mandala Lady